Although Vigence has provided their own hosted CRM offering since the previous version of CRM, which is still very much available, Microsoft have launched Dynamics CRM Online, hosted on servers managed by Microsoft. Vigence will be offering Dynamics CRM Online, which will provide CRM to our customers at a very competitive price. From as little as £22.75 per user per month for 12 months if you sign up before 30th June, 2011
Microsoft Dynamics CRM has been successfully implemented in to businesses and organisations for many years. CRM 2011, which CRM Online is based on version 5 of the product and CRM Online has been live in the US for some time. This means you can be sure that all areas of the product, including access and security have been highly tested, combined with a financially backed 99.9% uptime service level agreement, and you have the assurance that Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online is a cloud-based CRM solution you can absolutely rely on.
What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
• Improved Microsoft Office Interface Microsoft Office 2007 introduced a new ribbon interface in products like Excel and Word. Office 2010 expanded the ribbon into other office products like Outlook and OneNote. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 also includes the contextual ribbon interface for improved ease-of-use and consistency with the other Microsoft Office applications.
• Role-based Forms and Views Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 allows administrators to create multiple forms for each record type. By doing so, organizations can really streamline the user interface so that users only see the data that they need to access. For example, sales reps might see a form filled with sales data about a customer, while a customer service rep could view the same customer record but instead they would see a different form that displays only customer service data.
• Inline Data Visualization You can now quickly and easily create charts that display inline next to records in a grid. For example you can view a list of opportunities and have a chart to the right that visualizes the data you’re viewing. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 also includes web-based tools for users to create and edit their own charts.
• Dashboards This feature allows users and administrators to setup dashboards with different types of data such as charts, grids, and possibly data from external systems. Dashboards can be customized and tailored to each group’s or individual’s needs, so that they can quickly and easily access the information they need.
• Better Office Outlook Experience Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook offers even deeper levels of integration with Outlook. Users can now use Outlook features like filtering and conditional formatting on CRM data, in addition to other new benefits like inserting CRM templates into Outlook emails.
• Contextual Document Management With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2010, you can setup and associate integrated document libraries with specific records. For example, you could open an account record in CRM and access a Sharepoint document library with that accounts contracts.
• Field Level Security You can toggle security on custom fields and then configure security so that only certain users can view or edit data in that field. This field level security will apply to both forms and data views.
• Goal Management Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 lets you setup goals that you want individuals or teams to achieve, and then track your performance against those goals.
• Interactive Process Dialogs You can setup and configure interactive dialogs that work like screen wizards that guide users from page to page collecting information along the way.
• Solution Management Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 offers a new way for system customizers to manage their customizations. In particular, solutions allow you to group and bundle customizations together in smaller packages so that they can be transported to different systems more easily. In addition you have the option to configure solutions so that other users can’t edit or modify your customizations.
• Teams You can have teams own records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, whereas only users could own records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. This opens new options for teamwork and collaboration within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM security model.
• Auditing You can now enable auditing on a field by field basis where Microsoft Dynamics CRM will capture each time a user modifies a record. The audit feature also captures the date and time of the modification along with the its old and new value.
Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
How do you start your CRM Online Journey?
Your first step is to talk to one of Vigence's CRM experts. We will guide you through the options, and can also set you up with a Free trial of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Don't hesitate and contact Vigence now to get you started with Dynamics CRM Online